Student Athletes Sign to Further Careers

Tatum Baldwin, Reporter/Photographer

With some seasons already passed and some just getting started, four students have signed to continue their careers as  student athletes after high school. Raven Rogers (softball), Shelby Scrivnor (softball), Alontae Taylor (football), and Ashley Woods (soccer) have all signed to play a sport at the next level. Raven Rogers signed to play softball at Martin Methodist College. Shelby Scrivnor a second signee for softball signed to Alabama A&M University. On December 22, Alontae Taylor, a well known athlete, signed to play football at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville for the Volunteers, and as an early graduate, he is already enrolled there. Ashley Woods will play soccer at Motlow State Community College for the Lady Bucks. “I have always loved soccer and wanted to compete at the next level,” stated Woods.  On Febuary 8, Keishaun Creel signed to play football at Mesa Community College in Arizona. We look forward to watching them grow and improve their skills as they keep playing the sports that they love.

Three other seniors are looking to sign in the near future. Jacob Langham (baseball), Nahanial Tate (baseball), and Sarah Pearson (track) are all talented athletes that are looking to play at a more advanced level. They are not sure which college they will choose, but are sure to succeed wherever they decide.

“It’s my passion. I wanted to further my athletic career as much as possible.”

— Raven Rogers

.

The Coffee Press congratulates all of these athletes!.