CCCHS Interact Goes to Conference and Earns First Place

Yanely Luna, Photo Editor

The Interact club traveled to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee,  for the annual Interact Conference.

Every morning, the students met in the conference room at 9 a.m. in the downstairs board room. During the meetings, there was a reading of the Interact pledge known as the Four Way Test, roll was called, and the district leader, Deborah Alexander Davis, spoke for a few minutes.

Nicole Whitt belts out her lines during her solo performance.
Kate Craighead, Isaac Coder, and Abby Weidenbacher lifted Michelle Qualkinbush during their Disney-themed performance.

On Friday, March 2, the CCCHS Interact club arrived at the Holiday Inn for their conference. That night, they attended the Dolly Parton Stampede. At 9 a.m., the Interact clubs competed in the annual talent show, where CCCHS performed with Nicole Whitt in the individual category and Isaac Coder, Kate Craighead, 

Daniel Frideczky,

Michelle Qualkinbush, Kara Roper, Noah Watkins, and Abby Weidenbacher in the large group category.

On Saturday, Interact clubs presented their t-shirts and name badges for their respective competitions. Saturday night, they also had a banquet where scholarship winners were announced, and later they visited the Smoky Mountain Opry.

Kate Craighead and Abby Weidenbacher celebrate their first and third prize winnings.

On Sunday, the winners of the t-shirt competition, name badge competition, and talent show were announced. CCCHS Interact earned third place in the t-shirt competition and first place in the name badge competition.

The Sunday conference ended at 10:30 a.m, and Interact members made their way back home. Some members decided to stay later and enjoy what Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg had to offer.