CCCHS says “¡Hasta luego!” to Señora Carlson

Isaac Rackley, reporter/photographer

With the 2017-2018 school year coming to a close, students will have to say goodbye to another CCCHS legend. Señora Laura Carlson will be starting a new chapter in her life and will no longer be teaching here. Carlson said, “I’m leaving CCCHS because my husband has been in graduate school at The University of the South and is graduating. He is going to be a priest in an Episcopal church in Birmingham, Alabama, and I’ll find a teaching job there. I am so sad to be leaving CCCHS. I have met so many awesome teachers and students in my 2+ years here!”

Señora Carlson wishes she could stay but is also optimistic about her future. “I’m not leaving teaching; I love teaching! I feel like it’s my calling, and I don’t think I’d like any other job as much this. I love having over 100 co-workers (students) daily that I get to interact with. I love getting to know each student because every single one adds value to my life.” Carlson has exemplified everything a teacher should strive to be and wherever she decides to go, they will be blessed to have her among their staff.

For her final lesson at CCCHS, Señora Carlson desired to share these pieces of wisdom: “Try your hardest. Don’t listen to negativity. Get out of your comfort zone. Slow down. You’ll be in the real world for the rest of your life-enjoy these moments.” We wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors.