The Coffee Press

Girls Basketball Aims Higher for New Season

Jordan Whetsel, Design and Layout Editor

Basketball season begins November 16 for the 2018-2019 school year. The Lady Raiders had their first day of practice was Monday, October 29, and they will play against Siegel High School in their first game. In this upcoming season the girls will play 35 games with Joe Pat Cope as their head coach and Abby Lynch, Monica Sain, and Matt Vinson as their assistant coaches.

Last season, the team won the district champion by 25-5. Their goals for this year are to win district champion and and to advance in the region. All members of the starting team are key players this year, but Bella Vinson, Abby Morgan, Jacey Vaughn and Chloe Spry are the current college prospects. Last year’s student section was extremely energetic and both the players and coaches were grateful. The team hopes to have strong student support again this year.

About the Writer

Hi! My name is Jordan Whetsel. I am a 17 year old senior, and I am the design and layout editor for The Coffee Press. This year I will be joining Beta Club, Art Club, Interact, and Raider Creator. Outside of school I enjoy playing video games, drawing, and procrastinating. The only thing I like about myself are my nails, which is why I own over 60 bottles of nail polish. I hope to attend MTSU and study computer science.