Coffee County Central wishes another Outstanding Senior the best

Henry+Garcia%E2%80%99s+hard-work+and+consistency+will+all+pay+off+this+May%21+

Stacy Morales

Henry Garcia’s hard-work and consistency will all pay off this May!

Garrett Masters, Opinions-Editorial Editor

As the year draws to a close, Coffee County Central High School will see another class of seniors go on into an unseen, yet hopeful future. One of these seniors is Henry Garcia, who is one of many nominated for the role of  “Outstanding Senior.” 

Throughout his four years of high school, Garcia’s biggest motivation was, “ to graduate.” Through hard work and perseverance, he was able to not only succeed but excel both in the USMC program, as well as play a role in the school’s football team. 

“Joining the USMC is my biggest accomplishment,” says Garcia. “I know it will help me have a structured future.” Garcia’s goal of joining the Marine Corps after High School has already been kickstarted thanks to the discipline and training he received in the school’s very own military program. 

When asked about the impact teachers have had on him, Garcia had this to say about the school’s very own Coach Haynes: 

“He, [Coach Haynes,] has impacted me the most, even though I only met him last year. But he has pushed me to become a better person, both mentally and physically.” 

When discussing the effects that Covid-19 had on his school life, Garcia pondered about his social life. “It has gotten rid of most public school events,” laments Garcia, who enjoyed the energy and excitement of hanging out with friends and teammates at every football game. 

Finally, Garcia encourages upcoming underclassmen to actively engage with their classes and school environment, suggesting that they “pay attention in class and do your work.”  However, he also made sure to emphasize “that college isn’t for everyone.”

In conclusion, CCCHS will be wishing safe travels and happy farewells to Henry, as he tours the world as a marine, protecting our country and its citizens.

Henry, we salute you and wish you only the best!