CCCHS trapshootin team continues a successful season

The CCCHS Trap team invites any interested shooters to join them for their next season.

Makenna Orrick, Feature Editor

Coffee County Central High School’s trapshooting team takes on a successful season filled with competition wins and new members. 

Many students are unaware of what exactly the trapshooting team is. Trapshooting is described as a sport in which a member uses shotguns to shoot clay targets.

Riley Bellomy, a sophomore at CCCHS has been a member of the middle school trapshooting junior squad and high school varsity squad for five years. 

Bellomy states that his favorite part about trapshooting is “winning” but that it takes commitment. 

“It is all about commitment. If you have someone who just shoots you are only gonna go far, but if you have a person who’s practicing and trying to get a routine going they will go farther. It is really in the hands of the shooter as to how far they want to go.”

The team competes in local competitions during the school year and attends state and nationals over the summer months. They have practices every Thursday and Saturday. 

If you are interested in joining this team of dedicated shooters, Bellomy recommends you “just come to a practice and get signed up with the league that we shoot for. Towards the end of the year, there will be sign-ups for our next season’s team!”