“Theater Fairies” Are Now Raider Creators

Mary Vacek

Last year’s set from Hairspray

Sara Dove, Copy Editor

This year, the school offers a new theater club that encompasses all aspects of theater–except for acting. Raider Creators is perfect for students who have a love for theater but hate being in the limelight. Almost all of the work done by members of the club is carried out behind the scenes.

Students joining the club will be able to choose any part(s) of the plays in which they’d like to participate  including, but not limited to set building, set painting, props and scene changes, lights and sound, makeup, costumes and music.

Since Raider Creators is less of a club and more of an official set crew, meetings are focused around the plays. For two to three weeks before the fall and spring plays, meetings will be Tuesday through Thursday after school and on the days the plays are performed. Meetings are only held near and during play productions. Additionally, Raider Creators is not an all or nothing club. If students are unable to participate in the fall play but are free during the spring, that is perfectly fine. It’s essentially “come when you can”.

The teachers who oversee the club are Mrs. Vacek, Mr. Higdon, Mr. Wagner, Mrs. Newton, Mr. Peterson and Mr. King. Any student interested in joining can talk to one of those teachers. There are no requirements to join the club; it is open to anyone. Specifically, underclassmen are encouraged to join and stay in the club throughout high school. If any freshmen want to join the club, it can be arranged for them to be bused over after school.

The theater department is excited to welcome all upcoming members of Raider Creators this year.