The Coffee Press

Bring Light To Bullying

Aubrie Holder, Reporter/Photographer

Everyday someone gets bullied. According to ditchthelabel.org the reason for bullying is for bullies to  feel better about themselves. Dosomething.org states “Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year, and approximately 160,000 teens skip school everyday because of bullying.” Bullying victims commit suicide, harm themselves and are even scared of going to school because they don’t want to get bullied again. To avoid bullying, students change themselves into something that they are not. Also, according to “dosomething.org” it states that “Physical bullying increases in elementary school, peaks in middle school and declines in high school. Verbal abuse, on the other hand, remains constant.” Students at CCCHS have reported being harassed in the bathroom, on the school bus, in the hallways, and even in the classroom. Students also reported being followed, threatened, and insulted. In situations like this the student getting bullied should contact a teacher, counselor or adult. If the situation gets worse contact the authorities.

About the Writer
Aubrie Holder, Reporter and Photographer

My name is Aubrie Holder, and I am a sophomore here at CHS. I am a reporter and photographer for The Coffee Press. My passion is taking pictures. After...