CCCHS Offers a Wide Variety of Clubs to Promote Future Careers

Shelby Watkins, Feature Editor

CCCHS provides students with many different opportunities for growth through valuable clubs  that tailor to every person’s talents or interests. 

There is a club for every gamer, artist, entrepreneur and anyone who has an interest in expanding their horizons. Students at CCCHS are even encouraged to start their own clubs with teacher support.

One of these clubs is Future Chrisitan Athletes, or FCA; however, you do not have to be an athlete to join. 

FCA provides a way for students to learn about their faith before school and encourage their fellow students with outreach activities.

For students who are interested in business and academics, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) or Distributive clubs of America (DECA) or National Beta Club are great opportunities to compete with other schools.

Junior Hallie Wimberley recommends FBLA by saying, “In FBLA there are many opportunities to compete in competitions related to a job you might want in the future.”

If a student wants to broaden his or her talents, CCCHS offers drama, art, and SkillsUSA. Each of these clubs is open to students who desire to build their creativity and focus on sharpening their talents.

Also, students have a variety of clubs that will be beneficial to learning about the skills and leadership that would benefit their future careers. 

Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), Future Farmers of America (FFA), and Future Educators of America (FEA) provide students with the opportunity to learn the expertise required in their chosen field of study.

Junior Jasie Willis, a participant in HOSA, states, “HOSA gives me insight into what I will be doing in my future career. It also gives me a head start into the medical field.

Other clubs like journalism, yearbook, and student government serve as ways for students to get involved in CCCHS. Many more include science club, The Hive, D&D club and Show Choir.

WIth these clubs, students can learn about their school, help create a positive atmosphere and involve other students in day-to-day activities.

While these are not all of the clubs the school provides, CCCHS has a very well-rounded student population because of their club variety.