Manchester Nutrition: a review

Manchester Nutrition offers a variety of popular drinks for anyone to try. Credit: @manchester_nutrition

Emma Holmes, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Many residents of Manchester, Tennessee often agree that this town doesn’t have a whole lot to offer, but one of its new hidden gems has quite a bit to bring to the table. 

Snuggled right in between Little Ceasar’s Pizza and Factory Connection, Manchester Nutrition has been bringing us their famous “loaded teas” and protein shakes for around a year and a half

Their business hours are 6 AM to 6 PM on weekdays, and 9 AM to 2 PM on weekends. And since there’s no avoiding a new place in such a small town, I’ve known about Manchester Nutrition since it opened up. 

I’ve been eager to try it, so every morning before school I set out to give it a test. 

Product Overview

Not being one for protein shakes, I made a plan to try a new loaded tea every day of the week leading up to this review. Out of all of the flavors, I tried the “Blue Hawaiian”; “Wonder Woman”; and the “Watermelon Margarita.” 

Protein shakes typically aren’t my first go-to; I dislike the chalky feeling of drinking them. However, I wanted to avoid as much bias as possible in this review. 

I ended up trying a few sips of one of the protein shakes my dad ordered, which was “Brownie Batter” flavored. 

Despite it being a protein shake, it was not bad. They make them as flavorful as possible so one doesn’t think of it as a protein drink or meal replacement, but rather a tasty milkshake. 

Since, personally, I am not one for protein drinks, I interviewed someone that has had their fair share of diverse shake choices and got their outlook on what Manchester Nutrition had to offer.

When asked how Manchester Nutrition’s protein shakes measure up to store-bought or standard protein powder, Craig Holmes stated, “They honestly aren’t bad. They are a lot more flavorful than the powder I usually buy to make my shakes, and it’s a plus that they’re healthy too.”

Manchester Nutrition’s loaded teas are designed to boost digestion and offer extra energy and focus throughout the day. So, as a sleep-deprived, high school senior, I was all over the idea of being energized throughout my day. 

Their teas also have thermogenics within them, which essentially is designed to make you sweat and burn more calories. Sadly, I was not aware of that before beginning my daily test drinking, but it didn’t affect me too much seeing as I was not working out or doing any real physical labor. 

The loaded teas are supposed to act as a side drink to the protein shake. One would drink the shake as their meal replacement, and then drink the tea to aid in their digestion and give them more energy. Which, again, I was not aware of when I ordered mine. 

The only downfall to drinking a loaded tea every day was that I became increasingly more hyper as I finished the drink; my fellow Journalism members can attest. But I’m sure had I been doing a workout routine or anything remotely physically demanding, the energy would’ve gone to good use. 

Now of course the loaded teas and protein shakes aren’t the only things Manchester Nutrition has to offer, but excellent customer service is brought to the table as well. 

Customer Service 

Upon entrance to the store, you are greeted with a sweet, fruity aroma and a chorus of ‘Good Morning’ from the employees. 

Small talk as you wait for your drink is often expected, and the workers are genuinely kind people.

The week I chose to order every day happened to be homecoming week, so naturally, I was dressed up very strange each time I came around. 

But you can sure bet they complimented my bizarre outfits each day, even when I showed up dressed in full Christmas attire, weeks before Halloween. 

After I finished my daily tea test, I heard of a fundraiser they began to help a loyal friend, Nikki Alonso, who had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. 

They made a drink entitled “The Nikki” after her, and per every order of it, they donated $1 to her and her fight. 

In the end, they raised over $1,500 for her with the help of the Manchester community. 

Overall Review 

The staff and community that work in Manchester Nutrition make the place what it is, which is not only a healthy and fun drink place but a kind and welcoming place as well. 

I have yet to have a negative experience with their staff, drinks, or anything related to it. 

All in all, Manchester Nutrition is an excellent alternative to morning coffee, and they act as a helping hand in our hometown.