Coffee County sends off an amazing tennis player

Jaden Talley practicing his swing so he will be ready for Johnson University.

Aubrie Holder, Sports Editor

A senior of CCCHS, Jaden Talley has signed with Johnson University on January 15, and he leaves the last week of July. He has been playing tennis for the high school for four years now. 

After school, he will major in sports and fitness leadership. His dreams are to become a general manager of a sports team or a head coach at the collegiate level. 

The reason he chose Johnson University is that he wants to be able to contribute to the team early and it will help him be the person he wants to be. 

Jaden’s advice to the following tennis players is, “Stay patient, trust in your ability, and always put your faith in God.”

Jaden has a career record of 34-10 during two seasons. He was Top 2 seed for varsity all four years with singles and doubles. He is undefeated in District play in the 2019 and 2020 seasons. He has improved his fundamentals; serving, net game, and forehand.

I asked Mr. Inzer what sparked his eye with Jaden, and he said, “His willingness to help improve his fellow teammates. His work ethic, he is never happy with minimal effort. He always wants to improve. I’m mostly proud of him for his love for the game, and his drive to better himself and others to succeed.”

“He has improved his fundamentals of the game physically as well as mentally. Early in his career, he would get in his head and let his emotions hinder his play on the court. Now, he has improved his game mentally and become more resilient to difficult situations.”