CCCHS takes on prom, with COVID-19 procedures in place

The CCCHS prom is coming soon! Get your ticket before they sell out!

Shelby Watkins, Editor-in-Chief

In February, Coffee County Central High School announced that they would be able to have a prom.

This year’s prom will begin at 9 p.m. on April 24, 2021, and will go until midnight. The theme will be “The Roaring ‘20s” and students will be able to dress up and attend like normal.

Prom tickets will be $30 and there are only 260 tickets available to students.

Normal dress code rules and behavior rules will also still apply.

Ticket sales for the prom have been in waves so that the seniors would be able to purchase their tickets first, then their underclassmen dates, and finally, the school has begun to sell tickets to the underclassmen which began March 15.

The prom will be held at the Manchester Conference Center. Due to restrictions, the prom will be a lot smaller than usual.

All who participate in the event signed a COVID-19 waiver; those can be found at the front office for students still wanting to purchase a ticket.

Also, students and teachers will be required to wear masks and there will only be prepackaged food available.

While many restrictions are in place, students are still excited to be able to have a prom. Senior Kylie Phillips stated, “I’m very thankful they tried to give us a normal prom. It’s different, but I think we will have a good time!”

Many are already planning out their day of prom, but there is also news for the seniors and their prom plans. Morrison Acres, apart from the school, will be hosting another prom for all of the high school seniors and a plus one. Details can be found on Facebook.