CCCHS yearbook recognizes Kylie Phillips as an Outstanding Senior

Lindsey Duncan

Kylie standing in a field of flowers.

Connor Fox, School Clubs Editor

Kylie Phillips has been selected as one of the 2020-2021 Coffee County Outstanding Seniors, and her record speaks for herself as to what she has done to deserve this title. Kylie is the Student Body President, a leader in the Refuge club, and a member of FBLA and DECA.

I sat down with Phillips last week to ask her some questions about her high school career and her plans for the future:

Kylie’s proudest accomplishment was passing the AP English Language and Composition exam last May. The teacher that had the biggest impact on her school career is Mrs. Carney. She describes Mrs. Carney as always being there for her and acting like a second mom.

The trend that Kylie is most embarrassed to participate in is Man-Crush-Mondays. She also cringes at the thought of celebrating a relationship anniversary when you have been dating for a very short period of time (ex. A week, A month)

Kylie hopes that her peers remember her for trying to be nice. While discussing this with Kylie, one of her peers interjected and said that people will remember Kylie for being good-looking and wearing cheetah print.

Kylie’s best high school memory was going to Universal Orlando Resort with Deca in January in 2020, right before the school closed before the pandemic. Unfortunately, Kylie has been unable to participate in most of her normal senior activities due to COVID-19.

Kylie is going to MTSU to major in Nursing. She would ultimately like to become a Nurse Practitioner.

Kylie is an exceptional member of the Coffee County Central High School class of 2021, she will be missed!