One of Coffee County’s stars, Dale Hoffman, is nominated as an Outstanding Senior

Outstanding Senior, Dale Hoffman, poses for a picture as his character Petruchio from “Taming of the Shrew.”

Emma Holmes, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Every year at CCCHS, a handful of students are selected to be ‘Outstanding Seniors’. 

Voted on by teachers, these students received a column in the yearbook praising their hard work and achievements throughout the year. 

Among these seniors is Dale Hoffman, an avid theater lover, an enjoyer of all things social, and an incredibly hard worker within the arts community. 

Many might remember Hoffman from the many musicals and plays he has taken part in. From singing and dancing in “Oklahoma!” to his proudest moment of playing the main role of Petruchio inTaming of the Shrew”, Hoffman’s wide range of skill and capability have blown away many. 

Hoffman is involved in a number of things here at CCCHS. Along with theater, he takes part in  D&D, where you can typically find him every other Tuesday; AFJROTC, where he is a Cadet Major; and the Unity Club, where he catches up with friends and unwinds.

Plans after college for Hoffman include going to Motlow, as well as MTSU. He plans to major in Business Management and minor in theater to have options for his future. 

Hoffman says his biggest motivation through high school has been his plan to become a professional actor, which everyone hopes to go accordingly.

Although Hoffman is excited about his future, he knows part of him will miss his high school days and the friends he made along the way. Hoffman says, “When I leave high school, I hope people will remember me for my role in theater, as well as the effect I had on others.”

With being involved in so many things at the school, planning around COVID-19 was definitely a hard task to manage. Hoffman says, “It has complicated things, but I feel like this was a good experience for me. It teaches me more about the real world and how we can’t just sit back and hope things go well.”

With next year being one giant question mark, Hoffman tries to leave words of advice for any upcoming students,“Just get your work turned in and you’ll be fine. Make sure to take any opportunities you can.” 

Glad that his efforts were recognized, Hoffman was incredibly thankful for being nominated as an “Outstanding Senior” in one of the toughest school years this far.