CCCHS yearbook names Bailey Crosslin an Outstanding Senior

Jessica Helton

Bailey Crosslin, in a photo session with Jessica Helton Photography, poses with a few sunflowers that are almost as radiant as her!

Lindsey Landrum, Humor Editor

It’s no secret that high school is tough. Students have to juggle grades, extracurricular activities, and their social lives.

However, there are certain senior students at Coffee County Central High School (CCCHS) that have been recognized by their teachers for shining above the rest.

These students, called the outstanding seniors, have been nominated by their teachers for exemplary effort and strong presence within the student body.

One of these outstanding seniors is Bailey Crosslin, the editor-in-chief of the CCCHS yearbook staff. 

When she was asked about her greatest accomplishment, Crosslin said, “My proudest accomplishment was being named editor-in-chief of the yearbook staff and being able to create something tangible that the student body will be able to hold in their hands and allows them to reminisce on their memories.”

Crosslin has been involved in the yearbook for the majority of her high school career; she has been on the staff for her sophomore, junior, and senior years.

She also commented that she has been a part of the Red Raider Band for her whole high school career. She was an officer for two of those years.

Crosslin described her college plans as follows: “After graduation, I plan to attend MTSU and major in abnormal psychology with a minor in criminal justice.”

Crosslin also said, “My best memory from high school was eating lunch with my friends every day sophomore year. At that time, all of my friends were either juniors or seniors, so being able to hear their advice on how to survive high school was really important to me and still is.”

Crosslin mentioned that she would like to be remembered for her dedication to any area of life, whether that be school, friends, family, or otherwise.

Finally, when she was asked what advice she would give to incoming freshman, she said, “I would beg them not to focus on the little details; sure, sometimes they’re important, but honestly, we only go to high school once, so have fun and stop worrying about the little things.”

Our CCCHS seniors put in a lot of hard work, so let’s give them the recognition that they deserve. If you spot Crosslin or any other outstanding senior in the halls of school or elsewhere, make sure to give them a word of congratulations. They deserve it.