Super Senior: Bethany Farrar

Super Senior Bethany Farrar smiles for the camera.

Elli Chumley, General Staff Reporter

As if senior year’s entails of scholarships, college applications, and just getting through all the “lasts” wasn’t enough for CCCHS student Bethany Farrar, she adds to her plate by being involved in multiple jobs and extracurricular activities.

Farrar says she’s “interested in anything relating to the fine arts,” and this is prevalent in her participation in CCCHS’s theater program, show choir, women’s Vocal Hype, art club, and visual arts program.

Right now, Farrar is preparing for her role as the Mad Hatter in the school’s production of Alice in Wonderland.

Farrar says that, by being a part of these clubs and organizations, she can truly be herself.

Like most of us, Farrar had her mind set on an occupation for quite a while. We know what it’s like to grow up thinking, “I want to be an astronaut one day!” or “I want to be a firefighter when I grow up!” Farrar’s “one-day” job was a veterinarian.

Now, we also know that these “one-day” jobs we fixate on when we’re younger don’t always hold the same appeal when we actually start to grow up. 

Farrar says, “…there’s always been a voice in the back of my head telling me that I should pursue the arts. By choosing the activities I involve myself with, I finally let that voice in my head become a reality, and I’ve never been happier.”

“These clubs and school extracurricular activities have helped me grow as a person and helped me shape my future.”

By finally letting the voice in her head become a reality, Farrar has come to the conclusion that she’s going to pursue a degree in design and animation.

Outside of school activities, Farrar also has two jobs. She works as a secretary at her grandmother’s massage therapy business every Thursday. For the month of October, she works at Dots Haunted Woods as a scare actor. She even finds ways to incorporate the arts into one of her jobs!

“I’ve always been drawn to the artsy side of life,” says Farrar, “and by doing these activities, they have finally allowed me to live out my dreams.”

“These dreams of acting, singing, painting, and even working as a team at Dots Haunted Woods showed me that it is possible to do the things I love without any fear.”

Farrar’s passion, determination, dedication, and fearlessness do not go unnoticed at CCCHS.

The school is proud to have someone who contributes to its fine arts clubs and programs and also someone who contributes to the community by sharing their own unique talents and interests, the things that make them truly themselves.

All in all, CCCHS is proud that this Super Senior is one of its very own Red Raiders.