Coffee County Cross Country is Statebound

The whole season has been building to this! Photo provided by the Raider Yearbook

Garrett Masters, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Winston Churchill once said that “history is written by the victors.” This philosophy is akin to those who play sports, which favors victory and ferocity in the face of adversity! 

On October 26th 2021, the Coffee County Cross Country team made school history. For the first time in the history of Coffee County Central High School, both the girls and guys Varsity Distance team will be heading  to the TSSAA State Championships on November the 4th. 

Attacking the Region 4 AAA Championships in Lebanon with both passion and drive, the entirety of the team were determined to fight for a chance of glory! And surely enough, their goal was achieved! 

Starting with the girls, the Varsity team finished with an overall team score of 93 points. This put them in Third Place, securing their spot in the State race. 

Finally jumping onto the Varsity boys, our top seven runners won second place, only getting beat by rival school, Siegel High. However, this didn’t slow down ANY of them. Winning second place by a total score of 70 total points. 

For many of these runners, their entire High school career has been building up to this moment. While for others, this is only just the beginning. Regardless, they fight not just individuals, but as one team; one family. Together. 

Coffee County wishes them the best of luck! The team is scheduled to compete on Thursday, November the 4th at Sander’s Ferry Park in Hendersonville. They hope to see you there!