CCCHS Senior gets nominated for Tennessee Emmy’s

Solomon’s award will spur him forward in his future film-making aspirations.

Makenna Orrick, Feature Editor

CCCHS senior Solomon Reynolds has been nominated for an Emmy for the 20th annual Regional Student Production Awards. Reynolds received this award for his Public Service Announcement on the consequences of distracted driving. 

Reynolds has prospered as part of the AV program at CCCHS for two years now. 

When asked how he filmed the PSA, Reynolds states, “I got a couple of friends together and during a break we went to the school parking lot and filmed it. It took one day of filming and another for B-roll shots. As for editing I recorded a voice-over for narration and spliced it together and added the appropriate sound effects.”

All of the video submissions represent high school video projects produced in Feb. 8 of 2021 to Feb. 7 of 2022. 

The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences is an organization that is dedicated to the advancement of television and creative leadership. It recognizes excellence by awarding students who produce creative material for news, sports, entertainment, public and community service, technology, and engineering. 

Being nominated for the NATAS Emmys has encouraged Reynolds to produce more video productions. When asked if being nominated for this award would help him in his future career he stated, “I plan on going into film production. I think this experience has helped me to be prepared for my future career.”

Reynolds plans on attending Lipscomb University and majoring in film production.