A Trip to New York City

Exchange+students+from+all+over+the+United+States+combined+under+the+statue+of+liberty+

Exchange students from all over the United States combined under the statue of liberty

Anna Sauer, General Staff Reporter

Last week, I went on a trip to New York City with exchange students from all over the United States, hailing from 18 different countries. 

It was so much fun to see such a famous city with other exchange students. It was so good to share the experiences that we have had so far. All of us really got close during that week.We started our trip at Fifth Avenue. We had the chance to get to know some of New York City’s most iconic places. The tour explored Harlem, Columbia University, Central Park, and Rockefeller Plaza. 

We headed to Grand Central Station and the famous American Museum of Natural History. Last but not least, we finished the first day with the famous Times Square.

The second day started with a tour through the Metropolitan Museum of Art. After that, we headed to the Financial District. We had a walking tour to explore one of the world’s most important centers of capitalism. 

We saw the site of the World Trade Center and learned more about how the 9/11 attack affected this city’s people. 

Next up was Brooklyn: the most populous and famous of all the boroughs outside of manhattan.  We saw the Brooklyn Bridge. The bridge is one of the oldest suspension bridges in the U.S. The day ended with shopping in SoHo and good food from Chinatown.

On the last day, we headed to one of the most famous sightseeing locations in the world: 

The Statue of Liberty. 

The next stop was the Empire State Building, which held the record as the world’s tallest building for over 40 years. It was an incredible view. The last day ended with the Broadway show “Come from Away.” It was amazing.

I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to see a very famous city. It was amazing. It was interesting to see that there are differences in environments or even people from Tennessee. 

This trip reminded me that it is so important to see something else than environments or traditions that you are used to or grew up with. You will grow so much if you face differences from your daily life. The world is so much bigger than your room.