Nike vs. Under Armour: which is better?

Sports Unlimited Blog

Among these two popular brands, which is your favorite?

Alyssa Brannon, Student Life Editor

Nike is an iconic brand best known for its shoes. The brand also boasts higher-end apparel, equipment, and accessories.

Founded in 1964 as Blue Ribbon Sports, the company became Nike in 1971 after the Greek goddess of victory. Nike employs over 76,000 people worldwide. 

Under Armour is also a great brand known for its performance apparel and cooling athletic gear for game, practice, or workout.

Under Armour was founded in 1996 by Kevin Plank, a former University of Maryland football player who was tired of sweating through his t-shirts. Plank was determined to create great apparel for athletes that would keep them both cool and dry while they exercised. 

Trefis, a financial community website structured around U.S. stock trends, is great for research! The website compares and contrasts the two athletic-wear giants. “Nike has added roughly $6.7 billion to total revenue since 2015…” However, it is also mentioned that, “..Under Armour has been able to add roughly $1.3 billion to total revenue..” 

It’s recommended to look at this website to see all the data collected. Both companies have changed and improved the sports-wear industry.  At the end of the website it states, “Nike has a larger scale and better profitability but Under Armour is establishing its foothold in the apparel industry.”

What do you think? Is Nike better than Under Armour?