Are you looking to become a CCCHS Raiderette?

These beautiful ladies work hard at our pep rallies to make sure it has enough pep in its step!

Grace Mejia-Aveledo, General Staff Reporter

If you like to step out on the dance floor and show people what you’ve got, then you’re in luck. The CCCHS Raiderettes are hosting their annual tryouts, and everyone is welcome. Don’t be afraid to try something new!

You may be thinking, “Would joining the dance be worth it?” It could honestly take a turn for the better in your life. It can benefit you both physically and mentally. 

During an interview about the team, junior Cherish Owens expresses dance as a “learning experience” which has also helped her with “time management.” While learning so much, she has been able to have tons of fun in the process. 

Owens also stated that it can be, “stressful at times, but with an amazing team like the CCCHS Raiderettes, it makes everything worthwhile.”

Sophomore Kendra Morales thinks that people should join the dance team because, “it can build lifelong friendships,” and if you have a passion for dance you should just go ahead and do it.

Morales feels as if she has grown a lot as a dancer. She has built confidence as a dancer and also in herself. Morales claims that this season has taught her what hard work really is and how rewarding it can be.

The team focuses on building each other up, even if someone has no experience. “Everyone is encouraging no matter what,” according to Morales.  

If you are looking to join the CCCHS Raiderette Dance Team, then there will be a mandatory Tryout Clinic March 13, 14, 16, and 17 from 5 to 8 p.m. in the CCCHS gym.