Beta strikes a new State Officer from CCCHS

Kasen Holt’s State Officer Picture.

Jaxen Waggoner, Copy Editor

BetaCon this year took a bit of a different look due to COVID-19, but state contests were held nonetheless and CCCHS has many winners; the most notable event for CCCHS was Kasen Holt winning as Beta State Secretary. 

Normally BetaCon consists of days at Opryland, skits galore, the BetaBall, prank wars, visiting the Living Literature competition, and so much more. It leaves fun memories to last for ages.

This year, because of the Coronavirus, the competition was held virtually, so all the speeches and skits were uploaded online and campaigning was done through Instagram.

Junior, Kasen Holt, ran for State Secretary but this isn’t her first go-around. In 2016 Holt ran for Junior Beta State Secretary. Holt ran with the slogan “Kasen Holt the Lightning Bolt” and was elected to office. A few months later, in 2017, Holt proceeded to run for National Secretary at Walt Disney World’s Swan and Dolphin Resort. 

This time around, Holt kept her original lightning theme: “Lightning can strike twice.” Her skit was a parody of “Grease Lightnin’” showing off Coffee County’s musical and dancing talents. 

Some competitors in the election came from all over Tennessee including Emma Baker, Jacob Rose, and Madison Smith. At the end of the day, Kasen Holt “the Lightning Bolt” came out on top, being elected TN State Secretary.

The other 2021-22 TN State Officers are President Nick Jerman from Seymour High School and Vice President Liv Whaley from Sevier County High School.

Other club members entered other contests whether creative or academic. These can range anywhere from making jewelry to taking a math test. Winners from CCCHS are as follows:

5th Place

Skylar Morris – Recyclable Art

4th Place

Callie Roper – Agriscience 11th Grade

Skylar Bundy – Jewelry

3rd Place

Jaxen Waggoner – Color Photography

Haley Brown – Fiber Arts

2nd Place

Alyssa Freeze – Painting

1st Place 

Skylar Morris – Onsite Drawing

Micah Frame – Woodworking

The CCCHS Beta Club as a whole won first place for the best portfolio, first place for campaign skit, first for three-dimensional design, second place for club trading pin, third place for the service-learning showcase, and fourth place for two-dimensional design.