Behind the “Curtains”: A look into CCCHS’S spring production and Spotlight Award nominations

The Spotlight Awards will take place May 24, 2022
photo: Jimmy Awards

The Spotlight Awards will take place May 24, 2022 photo: Jimmy Awards

Jaxen Waggoner, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Coffee County Central High School’s production of “Curtains” has been nominated for 5 Spotlight Awards in the categories Outstanding Costume Design, Outstanding Hair & Makeup Design, Outstanding Ensemble, Outstanding Dramatic Actress, and Outstanding Lead.

Auditions for “Curtains” at CCCHS were in December, and the show opened March 11. Over the course of the production, many hours of sweat, tears, blood, and love went into the show. ‘

An earlier Coffee Press article written by Alexa Morse explained, “‘Curtains’ will be participating in the Spotlight Awards, a program for high school theaters around the Nashville area. The program is a smaller version of the Tony Awards, where the show will get adjudicated and the production can get nominated for awards.”

The 2022 spring production of “Curtains” is the first time CCCHS has been eligible for this program. 

But all of the cast and crew’s hard work has finally paid off! CCCHS has been nominated for 5 Spotlight Awards: Outstanding Costume Design, Outstanding Hair & Makeup Design, Outstanding Ensemble, Outstanding Dramatic Actress, and Outstanding Lead. 

Sophomore Alyssa Freeze was nominated for the categories Outstanding Dramatic Actress and Outstanding Lead. Senior Giovanni Salazar was nominated for Outstanding Ensemble. 

The awards ceremony will take place May 24. We wish our program good luck and a good awards ceremony!