Student Government Election Time

Student government campaign elections push students to take on new opportunities.

The month of May allows CCCHS students a chance to become a part of student government through campaign elections.

Student Government staff are responsible for events such as homecoming, renaissance, Thanksgiving food baskets, major school events (such as  the Mike Smith assembly), and graduation.

The members and staff of student government enjoy serving the community. Many important factors are put into the organization and detailing of events. For those students looking for a great opportunity to give back to their community joining Student Government allows ample opportunities. Varying work and tasks are completed by the staff  “behind the scenes.” Giving back to the community and CCCHS students is the mission of this organization.

According to sponsor Nicole Carney, “Our main goal is to help students make some of the best high school memories.”

Many positions do however require qualifications of at least one year in student government. All officers are required to have a year of experience.

Current student Government staff are included in the chart below:

Lauren Tomberlin President
George Gannon Vice-President
Kady Hancock Secretary
Brooke Freeze Historian
Katherine Rios Treasurer
Tatum Baldwin Senior Rep
Madeleine Creek Senior Rep
Michelle Dong Senior Rep
Harley Hinshaw Junior President
Anna Gann Junior Rep
Weston Hargrove Junior Rep
Elexa Payne Junior Rep
Haley Richardson Junior Rep
Emilee Roberson Sophomore President
Larson Meltzer Sophomore Rep
Amanda Mukai Sophomore Rep
Elizabeth Proffitt Sophmore Rep
Sawyer Vaughn Sophomore Rep

Polls for student body Vice President and President have already passes.

The upcoming election and campaign dates are listed below:

Not all candidates for offices and positions are known at this moment due to the varying dates of election.

For those interested in getting involved with Student Government, running for office allows for new experiences and is a great way to become active in school events. However, for those who want to help out without running for a position notify Mrs. Carney for more information.