Getting Au Fait with French Club

Ann Petty and Farrah Fletcher

The commencement of French Club introduces a language, a culture, and a variety of activities to Coffee County Central High School.

Step into a meeting of the Coffee County’s French Club and students will be instantly surrounded by talk of upcoming contests, croissants, and Francophone cultures. The much anticipated French Club was only established last year by Mademoiselle Knox, but it is surely a beloved club at CCCHS.

The sponsors of the club this year are Mlle. Knox and Mrs.Phillips. According to Mlle.Knox,”As long as you are a student of Coffee County Central High School, you can join the club.” Although it is too late to join the club this year, students are welcomed to sit in during meetings and decide if they want to join next year.

Club meetings are the first Wednesday of every month, and in November the club is discussing having a croissant baking contest. As of now, it hasn’t been decided if it is just croissant or croissants and other French pastries.

In joining French Club, students can learn valuable lessons about not only the French language, but also the culture and geography of France. According to Mlle.Knox, one of the most beloved French club traditions includes the homecoming duck pond.

Whether it’s friendly competition or lively discussions, the French Club at CCCHS has proven to be an invaluable addition to student life.