Coffee County’s yearbook highlights the Outstanding Senior Trey Roger

Dawn Thammarath

Trey Rogers excelled through senior year and is excited to graduate from CCCHS this May.

Shelby Watkins, Editor-in-Chief

Trey Rogers, a senior at CCCHS, is one of the many nominated by the school faculty for being an “Outstanding Senior.”

Rogers is heavily involved in school activities; personally, he highlights FBLA, DECA, Refuge 305, SGA, and track and field as his favorite things he has been involved in this year.

With many of his friends, Rogers is excited to celebrate his achievement in earning the Top Ten Percent award, and he is hopeful to continue a career of academic excellence at Tennessee Tech University.

He plans to major in nursing at TTU and looks forward to the new challenge college will present.

For many seniors though, before they look ahead to their college plans, they look back on their high school career and wonder how others will recall them. According to Rogers, “I hope my peers remember me by my humor and school spirit.”

Rogers was involved in many fun activities in school that prove his school spirit including attending many sporting events, being on the senior homecoming court, and being a part of many clubs and teams for the high school.

Rogers encourages upcoming students to do the same. He persuades upcoming students to join in the fun of high school by stating in the interview, “To all freshmen, I would recommend attending all of the sports games and dances.”

Although Rogers does much with the school, he did mention the effects COVID-19 had on that involvement. Rogers stated that while he had to miss out on some things, he was thankful that events like prom could still take place.

All in all, Rogers is incredibly thankful for being nominated by the teachers and faculty as an “Outstanding Senior.”

He said, “It is an honor to be called an outstanding senior by the faculty and staff of CCHS. This term means to me that I am a caring person and have a positive impact on others in the classroom.”